The reference list in KM and LIS literature
- What are Libraries Doing in Knowledge Management? 2005. Available from http://www.library.uthscsa.edu/internet/km/libraries.cfm.
- Abell, Angela. 2002. Fad or future? Library and Information Update 1 (7):30-32.
- Abell, A & Oxbrow, N 2001, Competing with knowledge: The information professionals in the knowledge management age, Library Association Publishing, London.
Abram, S 1997, 'Post information age positioning for special librarians: Is knowledge management the answer?' Information Outlook, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 18-25.
Ajiferuke, I 2003, 'Role of information professionals in knowledge management programs: Empirical evidence from Canada', Informing Science Journal, no. 6, pp. 247-57.
- Albert, Judith. 2000. Is knowledge management really the future for information professionals? In Knowledge management for the information professional. Medford: Information today.
- Albert, Judith. 1998. Nuts and bolts of knowledge management for information professionals. Paper read at National Online Meeting, 19th, May 1998, at New York.
- Andrews, K. . 2005. Building enterprise intellectual capital: Repositioning the library professional. Paper read at Information Online 2005: 12th Conference & Exhibition, at Darling Harbour Conference Centre, Sydney.
- Al-Hawamdeh, S. (2002). "Knowledge management: re-thinking information management and facing the challenge of managing tacit knowledge." Information Research 8(1).
- Asia-Pacific conference on Libary & Information education & Practice, 3-6 April 2006, Singapore. 2006. Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Conference on library and information education & practice 2006: preparing information professionals for leadership in the new age. Paper read at Asia-Pacific Conference on library and information education & practice (A-LIEP), at Singapore.
- Balcombe, Jean. 1999. Getting out of the box: the role of the information professional in knowledge management. The Law Librarian 31 (2):91-94.
- Bender, David R. 1999. Librarians and the Knowledge Management Age Paper read at Caribbean Conference for Special Librarians, at Kingston, Jamaica.
- Bharathidasan, Venugopal. 2001. THE LIBRARY AS THE CAPSTONE OF KNOWLEDGE EDIFICEA Synergistic Approach to Intellectual Resources Management. IFLA Section on Education and TrainingSET BULLETIN 2 (2):17-24.
- Bishop, K. (2001). Information service professionals in knowledge-based organizations in Australia: what will we manage? Sydney, University of Technology: 65p.
- Boeri, R. J. and M. Hensel (1998). "SPECIAL LIBRARIANS AND ENTERPRISE KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT." EMedia Professional 11(4): 36 (1 page).
Bizjak, P 2000, 'Mankind's Memory Managers: A New Paradigm of Library Science', Library Philosophy and Practice, vol. 2, no. 2.
Blair, DC 2002, 'Knowledge management: hype, hope or help?' Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 1019-28.
Bouthillier, F & Shearer, K 2002, 'Understanding knowledge management and information management: the need for an empirical perspective', Infrormation Research, vol. 8, no. 1.
- Branin, J. J. (2003). Knowledge Management in Academic Libraries: Building the Knowledge Bank at the Ohio State University, this paper has been submitted to The Journal of Academic Librarianship for publication, 17p.
Broadbent, M 1998, 'The phenomenon of knowledge management: What does it mean to the information profession?' Information Outlook, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 23-34.
- Brogan, M., P. Hingston, et al. (2001). A bounded or unbounded universe?: Knowledge Management in Postgraduate LIS Education. 67th IFLA Council and General Conference, Boston.
- Budd, John M. 2001. Knowledge and knowing in library and information science: a philosophical framework. Lanham: The Scarecrow Press.
- Chaudhry, AS & Higgins, SE 2001, 'Perspectives on education for knowledge management', paper presented to 67th IFLA Council and General Conference.
- Chapman, Darron, and Angela Abell. 2000. Raising expectations: information professionals in the knowledge economy.6 pages.
- Chaudhry, AS & Higgins, S 2003, 'On the need for a multidisciplinary approach to education for knowledge management', Library Review, vol. 52, no. 1/2, pp. 65-9.
- Cheng, Grace. 2000. The shifting information landscape: re-inventing the wheel or a whole new frontier for librarians. The Australian Library Journal:17-26.
- Choo, Chun Wei. 2002. Information management, knowledge management and information professional. In Information management for the intelligent organization : the art of scanning the environment. Medford, NJ: Information Today.
- Choo, C. W. (2000). "Working With Knowledge: How Information Professionals Help Organizations Manage What They Know." Library Management 21(8).
- Church, D 1998, From librarian to knowledge manager and beyond, SLA, viewed 21-05-04 2004, http://www.sla.org/chapter/ctor/couries/v36/v36n2a1b.htm.
- Clarke, R. (2004). "Knowledge management in the main library, the university of the west Indies, Trinidad." Information Development 20(1): 30-35.
Corrall, Sheila (1998/1999). “Are we in the knowledge management business?", Ariadne, (18) November 1998, pp. 16-18
- Davenport, E, and B Cronin. 2000. Knowledge management: semantic drift or conceptual shift? Journal of Education for Library and Information Science 41 (4):294-306.
- Davenport, Elisabeth. 2004. Organizations, knowledge management and libraries: issues, opportunities and challenges. In Knowledge management: libraries and librarians taking up the challenge, edited by H.-C. Hobohm. Munchen: K.G. Saur.
- Dewe, Ainslie. 2005. Knowledge leadership in a university context. Paper read at EDUCAUSE AUSTRALASIA, at Auckland.
- Dillon, M 2002, 'Knowledge management: chimera or solution?' portal: Libraries and Academy, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 321-36.
DiMattia, S & Oder, N 1997, 'Knowledge management: hope, hype or harbinger?' Library Journal, vol. 122, no. 15, pp. 33-5.
- Duffy, Jan. 2000. Knowledge management: what every information professional should know. The Information Management Journal 34 (3):10-18.
Ferguson, Stuart, Maryam Sarrafzadeh, and Afsaneh Hazeri. 2007. Migrating LIS Professionals into Knowledge Management Roles: What are the Major Barriers? In Educause Australasia. Melbourne, Australia.
Ferguson, S 2004, The knowledge management myth: will the real knowledge managers please step forward?, viewed 10/02 2005, http://conferences.alia.org.au/alia2004/pdfs/ferguson.s.paper.pdf.
- Fourie, I 2004, 'Librarians and the claiming of new roles: How can we try to make a difference?' Aslib Proceedings, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 62-74.
- Foster, A. 1999. Knowledge management not a dangerous thing. Library Association Record 101 (3):149.
- Gandhi, S 2004, 'Knowledge management and reference services', The journal of academic librarianship, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 368-81.
- Gorman, G. E. (2004). "The Uniqueness of Knowledge Management – or the Emperor’s New Clothes?" Library Management and InformationServices.
- Gu, Y 2004, 'Information management or knowledge management? an informetric view of the dynamics of Academia', Scientometrics, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 285-99.
- Hart, Nerida. 2006. Libraries aren't about books- Libraries are about people 2006. Available from http://www.smr-knowledge.com/eProfiles/e-Profile_06-15-06_Hart.pdf.
Hawkins, B. (2000). Libraries, Knowledge Management, and Higher Education in an Electronic Environment (Capitalising on Knowledge: The Information Profession in the 21st Century). ALIA, Canberra.
- Hayes, Helen. 2004. The role of libraries in the knowledge economy. Serials 17 (3):231-238.
Henczel, S 2004, 'Supporting the KM environment: the roles, responsibilities, and rights of information professionals', Information Outlook, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 14-9.
- Hill, Sue. 1998. Knowledge management: a new career path for the information profession. Paper read at Online Information.
- Hjordand, Birger. 2004. Book review: knowledge and knowing in library and information science: a philosophical framework. Journal of Documentation 60 (1):92-94.
- Hobohm, He 2004, Knowledge management. Libraries and librarians taking up the challenge, IFLA publications;108, Saur, Munchen.
- Huotari, Maija-Leena, and Mirja Iivonen. 2005. Knowledge processes: a strategic foundation for the partnership between the university and its library. Library Management 26 (6/7):324-335.
- Infield, Neil. 1997. Capitalising on knowledge: if knowledge is power, why don't librarians rule the world? Information World Review:22.
- Jain, Priti. 2007. An empirical study of knowledge management in academic libraries in East and Southern Africa. Library Review 56 (5):377-392.
Jantz, R. (2001). "KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES: SPECIAL TOOLS AND PROCESSES TO SUPPORT INFORMATION PROFESSIONALS." Reference Services Review 29(1): 33-39.
- Keeling, C, and S Hornby. 1999. Knowledge management in the networked public library. Managing Information 6 (8):27-9.
- Keen, Peter G.W. 2006. Knowledge mobilization: the challenge for information professionals. Paper read at Asia-Pacific Conference on Library & Information Education & Practice (A-LIEP), at Singapore.
- Klobas, JE 1997, 'Information services for new millennium organizations: librarians and knowledge management', in D Raitt (ed.), Libraries for the new millennium: implications for managers, Library Association Publishing, London, pp. 39-64.
Koenig, MED 1996, 'Intelectual capital and knowledge management', IFLA Journal, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 299-301.
- Koenig, M. E. D. (1997). "Intellectual capital and how to leverage it." The Bottom Line: Managing Library Finances 10( 3): 112-118.
- Koenig, M. E. D. (1999). "Education for knowledge management." Information Services and use 19(1): 17-32.
- Koenig, M. E. D., T. K. Srikantaiah, et al. (2000). Knowledge management for the information professional. Medford, NJ, Published for the American Society for Information Science by Information Today.
Koenig, MED 2001, 'Knowledge management, user education, and librarianship', paper presented to 67th IFLA council and general conference, Boston.
Koenig, MED & Srikantaiah, KT 2002, 'Business world discovers assets of librarianship', Information Outlook, vol. 6, no. 4.
Koenig, M. E. D. (2005). KM moves beyond the organization: the opportunity for librarians. World Library and Information Congress: 71th IFLA General Conference and Council "Libraries - A voyage of discovery", Oslo, Norway, IFLA.
- Koina, C 2003, 'Librarians are the ultimate knowledge managers?' The Australian Library Journal, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 269-72.
- Lai, L.-L. (2005). "Educating knowledge professionals in Library and Information Science Schools." Journal of Educating Media and Library Sciences 42(3): 347-362.
Lamont, J 2004, 'Knowledge management at your service: new solutions and sources for librarians', Searcher, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 57-62.
- Lee, Hwa-Wei. 2005. Knowledge management and the role of libraries . Available from http://www.white-clouds.com/iclc/cliej/cl19lee.htm.
Loughridge, B 1999, 'Knowledge management, librarians and information managers: fad or future?' New Library World, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 245-53.
- Lytras, M., M.-A. Sicilia, et al. ( 2005). "Digital libraries in the knowledge era: Knowledge management and Semantic Web technologies." Library Management 26( 4/5): 170-175.
- Malhan, I. V., and Shivarama Rao. 2005. From library management to knowledge management: a conceptual change. Journal of Information & Knowledge management 4 (4):269-277.
- Maponya, Pearl M. 2004. Knowledge management practices in academic libraries: a case study of the University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg libraries.
- Marouf, Laila. 2004. Role and contribution of corporate information centers toward KM initiatives: an analysis of manager's perceptions. Journal of Information & Knowledge management 3 (1):9-25.
Marshall, L 1997, 'Facilitating knowledge management and knowledge sharing: new opportunities for information professionals', Online, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 92-8.
Martin, B, A Hazeri, and M Sarrafzadeh. 2006. Knowledge management and the LIS professions: Investigating the implications for practice and for educational provision. Australian Library Journal 55 (1):17-.
- Martin, W 1999, 'New Directions in Education for LIS: Knowledge Management Programs at RMIT', Journal of Education for Library and Information Science, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 142-50.
Matarazzo, JMe & (ed), SDC 1999, Knowledge and special libraries, Butterworth-Heinemann, Melbourne.
Materska, K 2004, 'Librarians in the knowledge age', New Library World, vol. 105, no. 1198-9, pp. 142-8.
- MacNaughtan, Alasdair. 2001. Book review: competing with knowledge: the information professionals in the knowledge management age. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science 33 (4):214-215.
McGown, KA 2000, 'Knowledge management in the twenty first century: the role of the academic librarian', Doctor of Education thesis, University of Saint Thomas.
Middleton, M 1999, 'From information management to knowledge management: Some perspectives on development’, English language version (written prior to translation into Spanish) of ‘De la gestión de la información a la gestión del conocimiento’,' El Profesional de la Información, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 10-17.
Milne, Patricia. 1999. Knowledge management and LIS education. Education for library and information services: Australia (ELIS:A) 16 (3):31-38.
Milne, Patricia. 2000. Information professionals and the knowledge-aware, intelligent organisation: skills for the future. The Australian Library Journal 49 (2):139.
Morris, A 2001, 'Knowledge management: opportunities for LIS graduates', paper presented to 67th IFLA Council and General Conference, Boston.
Mphidi, H & Snyman, R 2004, 'The utilisation of an intranet as a knowledge management tool in academic libraries', The Electronic Library, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 393-400.
- Nitse, P. S. and K. R. Parker (2003). "Library science, knowledge management, competitive intelligence: archive theory-the common link." The reference librarian 38(79/80): 395-407.
- Owen, J. M. (1999). "Knowledge management and the information professional." Information Services and use 19(1): 7-16.
Pantry, S & Griffiths, P 2003, 'Librarians or knowledge managers? what's in a name, or is there a real difference?' Business Information Review, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 102-9.
- Parker, K. R., P. S. Nitse, et al. (2005). "Libraries as knowledge management centers." Library Management 26( 4/5): 176-189.
Perez, E. (1999). "Knowledge management in the library-not." Database Magazine 22(2): 75-78.
Ponzi, L. and M. E. D. Koenig (2002). "Knowledge Management: Another Management Fad?" Information Research (Online Journal) 8(1): 8p.
Reardon, DF 1998, 'Knowledge management: the discipline for information and library science professionals', paper presented to 64th IFLA General Conference, Amsterdam.
REHMAN, S. U. and A. S. Chaudhry (2005). KM Education in LIS Programs. World Library and Information Congress: 71th IFLA General Conference and Council
"Libraries - A voyage of discovery", Oslo, Norway, IFLA.
Rooi, Hazel van, and Retha Snyman. 2006. A content analysis of literature regarding knowledge management opportunities for librarians. Aslib Proceedings 58 (3):261-271.
Rossion, Francoise. 1998. To be a knowledge officer or not? How the information professional can face this challenge. Paper read at Online Information.
Rowley, J 2003, 'Knowledge management-the new librarianship? From custodians of history to gatekeepers to the future', Library Management, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 433-40.
- Rydberg-Cox, J. A., R. F. Chavez, et al. (2000). "Knowledge Management in the Perseus Digital Library." Ariadne(25).
Ryske, Ellen, and Theresa B Sebastian. 2000. From library to knowledge center: the evolution of a Technology InfoCenter. In Knowledge management for information professional. Medford: Information Today.
Sarrafzadeh , Hazeri, A and M Martin, B. 2006. Educating future knowledge-literate library and information science professionals. Paper read at Asia-Pacific conference on library and information education & practice (A-LIEP), at Singapore.
Sarrafzadeh, Maryam, Bill Martin, and Afsaneh Hazeri. 2006. LIS professionals and knowledge management: some recent perspectives. Library management 27 (9):621-635.
Sarrafzadeh, Maryam, Afsaneh Hazeri, and B Martin. 2006. Knowledge Management Education for LIS Professionals: Some Recent Perspectives. J. of Education for Library and Information Science 47 ( 3):225-244.
Sarrafzadeh, Maryam. 2005. The implications of knowledge management for
the library and information professions. actKM Online Journal of Knowledge Management ( 1)
Schwarzwalder, R. (1999). "LIBRARIANS AS KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AGENTS." EContent 22( 4): 63-65.
Shanhong, T 2000, 'Knowledge management in libraries in the 21st century', paper presented to 66th IFLA council and general conference, Jerusalem, Israel.
Sinotte, M 2004, 'Exploration of the field of knowledge management for the library and information professional', Libri, vol. 54, no. 3.
Skyrme, David J. 2004. Information managers- do we need them? Paper read at Online Information 2004.
- Skyrme, D. J. (1997). From Information Management to Knowledge Management: Are You Prepared? Online 97.
Snyman, R.M.M. . 2001. Do employers really know what they want? An analysis of job advertisements for information and knowledge managers. Aslib Proceedings 53 (7):273- (9 pages).
Southon, G & Todd, R 2001, 'Library and information professionals and knowledge management: conceptions, challenges and conflicts', The Australian Library Journal, vol. 50, no. 3.
Southon, Gray, and Ross Todd. 1999. Knowledge management: Education for the knowledge age. Education for library and information services: Australia (ELIS:A) 16 (3):21-30.
Srikantaiah, Kanti T. 2004. Training and education in knowledge management. In Knowledge management lessons learned: what works and what doesn't. Medford: Information Today.
Stern, David. 2003. New knowledge management systems: The implications for data discovery, collection development and changing role of the librarian. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 54 (12):1138-1140.
Stoffle, C.J.1996. The emergence of education and knowledge management as major functions of the digital library
Stoker, David. 1999. Wanted-an innovative and visionary evidence based/knowledge management librarian. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science 31 (2):67-69.
- Stover, M. (2004). "Making tacit knowledge explicit: the Ready Reference Database as codified knowledge." Reference Services Review 32(2): 164-173.
Southon, G & Todd, R 1999, 'Knowledge management: Education for the knowledge age', Education for library and information services: Australia (ELIS:A), vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 21-30.
Sutton, M. 2002. An Examination of knowledge management curriculum programs in university graduate schools: library and information science, business, cognitive science, information systems and computer systems. Unpublished PhD thesis, McGill University, Montreal.
Teng, S & Hawamdeh, S 2002, 'Knowledge management in public libraries', Aslib Proceedings, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 188-97.
TFPL 1999, Skills for knowledge management: a briefing paper by TFPL Ltd: based on research undertaken by TFPL on behalf of the library and information commission, TFPL Ltd, London.
Todd, RJ & Southon, G 2001, 'Educating for a knowledge management future: perceptions of library and information professionals', The Australian Library Journal, vol. 50, no. 4.
Todd, R & Southon, G 2000, 'Knowledge management: education for information professionals in the age of the mind', paper presented to ASIS Annual Meeting.
- Townley, C. T. (2001). "Knowledge Management and Academic Libraries." College and Research Libraries 62(1): 44-55.
- Valera, J. (2004). "From librarian to knowledge manager." The lawyer: pg. 29.
Webster, M. 2007. The role of library in knowledge management. In Knowledge management: social, cultural and theorethical perspectives, edited by R. Rikowski. Oxford: Chandos publishing.
- Wen, S. (2005). Implementing Knowledge Management in Academic Libraries:A Pragmatic Approach. 3rd China-US Library Conference, Shanghai.
White, T 2004, 'Knowledge management in an academic library: based on the case study "KM within OULS"', paper presented to 70th IFLA General Conference and Council, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Wilson, T 2002, 'The nonsence of knowledge management', infromation research, vol. 8, no. 1, p. 39p.
Wormell, Irene. 2004. Skills and competencies required to work with knowledge management. In Knowledge management: libraries, librarians taking up the challenge, edited by H. e. Hobohm. Munchen: Saur.